Students don’t want to write on an essay topic assigned by their professor as they consider it boring and uninteresting. On the other hand, the get more frustrated when the professor asks them to choose a topic in their own as choosing the best topic from top essay topics is a hard decision. In such cases, you can write a great essay only when you choose a great topic. We jotted down some noteworthy points to guide students how to select an essay topic. Follow Three Steps Formula for top essay topics
- Within the disciple, choose a topic you find interesting. Ask yourself what topic you like the most and collect relevant information about it. If you can’t figure out, start searching on the internet and go for the topic that looks more appealing than others.
- Analyze the topic you want to choose and check whether you are comfortable on writing a broad topic or a narrow topic. Broad topics sometimes become hard to handle as you have to cover a lot of information. In contrary, narrow topic ensure your focus and provide you a clear direction. For example, ‘Impact of World War on Countries’ is a broad topic and you have to discuss its impact on all countries which took part in the war. If you mold the topic a bit like ‘Impact of World War on Germany’, then you are narrowing down the scope of the essay and limiting your information to a certain country,
- Make sure the topic you are choosing from top essay topics has enough information on the internet. Narrow topics usually don’t have appropriate information. So, be careful and search for the sources at first.
Dos and Don’ts
- Do make proper search on the essay you are going to write. And you have access to all the relevant information and resources about the topic.
- Do brainstorming. Never start work without properly thinking about the topic.
- Make sure you have enough time to write on the topic.
- Don’t jump to conclusion and take time in taking the right decision.
- Don’t hesitate to change the topic if you find your topic difficult and never narrow be lazy to narrow down the topic.
- Don’t try to be smart by choosing rare topics especially when you have lesser time as the unavailability of the information can result in absolute failure.
Common Mistakes Students Commit When you are searching for top essay topics and find the best one, never start writing on it with the same perspective and find a different angle about it. Narrow down a topic and structure the essay to add information in every section. Otherwise, everything would be messed up and you won’t be able to present your perspective in a great manner. Always start work before the deadline so you have enough time for research, writing, and proofreading. Time shortage easily panics students and they can’t justice to the topic. Be selective and be smart to write a precise and informative essay.